Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Benalmedena

...typical
Tried to do a bit of studying today but got bored and went for a walk – had the thought that I might take the gondola that gives a 600m lift to the top of the mountain, but unfortunately it is still winter. Speaking of which, I heard a rumour that it’s the coldest winter in 25 years... I don’t think it really qualifies as cold here, but I will admit the mornings are rather chilly. I’m thinking the nail is pretty much in the coffin for the term ‘global warming’!
Took the bus to the old town Benalmedena Pueblo which is described as a typical white Spanish village (well it is that – a bit blinding at times) but I’m not sure if there is any ‘old’ left...certainly the streets are narrow – the main street is only wide enough for one lane, so there is a traffic light at each end. Had a look round, then ended up spending a sunny afternoon studying my Spanish on a pub patio.  I named the bus route there the ‘Circle Tour’ because I’m sure whoever designed the route simply played connect-a-dot with all the traffic circles they could find – a little bit like taking the teacup ride at the fair...
on the left, note the elevator which will take you up (or down)
the cliff - in case you don't have time to walk the path...now
that is public transport!


No comments: