Monday, February 20, 2012

Sant Antoni de Portmany

...island of Ibiza in the Balearic Sea ...which is in the Mediterranean Sea. I was a bit confused at first because there was this place everyone kept calling Ibiza Town, but all I could find on the map was a place called Eivissa ....and then I remembered some pronunciation rules, and it started to make sense....and then I found out a different dialect is spoken here, hence the spelling... (but I don't suppose that's going to matter to me much anyhow as no one understands my Spanish anyway...) I'm not in Eivissa, but on the other side of the island near San Antonio (or Sant Antoni, depending...) in an area called Port des Torrents, which ...and I don't mean to be mean or anything, but in winter this place is about as alive as a slug in salt water... My apartment building is on the beach and quite modern and large, but currently I am one of the only residents, so its a tad 'quiet' here even for me ...so I walk the 4km to town every day to see people. My apartment does have a wonderful view though. Sant Antoni has a rep for wonderful sunsets (probably due the haze from the mainland on the horizon) ...anyway, as luck would have it they occur on a fairly regular basis (almost exactly every 24 hours) right outside my window - which is pretty cool... oooh, look, there's one right now!

So, no new photos, but I was modifying the context of some old ones by blowing up small pieces

  


 Trip total 10,192km

No comments: